Sunday, August 10, 2008

Pictures July 2008

My friend and I go on "Photo Safaris" together and take pictures of everything we see. She is an amazing photographer and has helped me to develop an eye for good shots. Here are some pictures from my first month in Niger. Enjoy...
Matt and me in traditional Zarma clothes. Fashion Show July 2008.

Elise and me with some village kids. Photo by Marisa Wong!

Classic jumping picture with my stage. Photo by Marisa Wong!

More beautiful sunsets!

Just thought this was a neat shot.

Africa's version of Alameda.

Preparing to pound millet.

Solitude.

By the "lake."

Billy again...look at that face!

This is "Billy" the goat. I named him and he is my buddy. I love on him every morning and every evening. He's a sweet boy.

Donkey! (say it like Shrek)

Beautiful African sunset...this was an "I'm in Africa right now!" moment for me. Just amazing.

Little boy playing with a tire.

Women and children on their way home after a day of work in the fields.

9 comments:

Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T Dactyl and L Giraffe said...

gorgeous shots-it's so cool to be able to see where you are the people around you. love you!

Poppy said...

Hey Sweety. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Miss you and Love You.

T-Ankie said...

Nice shots. Thanks for sharing. Tried calling today. Will try again. ILY

Jenn Russo said...

Andrea
We love you and are so proud of you! Stay strong!

Mamasita said...

Chick-a-dee,

Great pictures. Now I have those shots in my mind's eye so that when we talk I am able to be there with you. Hope you are feeling better from your cold. I'm looking forward to calling you this coming Sunday @ 9:00 our time. XOXOXOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

The pics are amazing! And I did say "Donkey" like Shrek as soon as I read that. Haha! I miss you!

Gail Mordoh said...

Hi Dre, Great to see you looking so happy. I did get to read your letter to your parents and it is amazing how well you have adjusted.The pictures are beautiful, someone is a great photographer. All is well here, we will keep in touch. Love Ya Gail and Jeff

cartd said...

Love the pic's. You are doing a great job on them. I love you kiddo.